Monday, October 25, 2010

“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” Charl


So I have decided to start a blog to keep track of what I am doing with my life. The days fly by and there are important things to remember, especially having to do with books I read and activities that I do and want to maybe repeat later on.

So I will start with the fact that I am working on a TARU project. I have to do one every week and it basically involves researching books that fit into a certain category then going to get them from the library so I can sit down, wave it over my head while I say the title and then go back and return it. This time around we need to have two multicultural books of different genres that are not stereotyping. I have the feeling I am pushing both of those issues. One book is Strega Nona which is a classic and one that my teacher actually mentioned. I'm labeling it Traditional Literature. The other is this:

which is an AMAZING and funny book about a Siamese cat who is always ending up in time out and going on adventures. He wants to be a chihuahua and so he adds -ito to the ends of his words and mixes in some Spanish and loves to eat mice and beans! Its a pretty cute book and is easily explained as coming from the point of view of a child which is great to build off when you are teaching respect and understanding of another culture. Plus I am filing it under "fantasy" so it can complete my two genre quota. However, I have the feeling that my teacher is not going to be so impressed with my reasoning. Maybe if I play the cd for her.....

No comments:

Post a Comment